Sunday, August 01, 2010

Day 2. Elizabethtown, KY.

So...I wake up this morning to my partner for work saying, "Jaik, wake up! We're late!" Oh crap. My first day on the job, and we're late because of me. He watches me jump out of bed, start to run, and says that he was just kidding. I laughed after a cup of coffee because my mind doesn't function prior to that. I had a ton of three minute naps in the car ride down here, and was really wore out by the time we checked in to the hotel. There's some big event here, so a lot of the hotels are booked up right now. I also started making a list of things I need to get. I haven't been on a trip like this in over seven years, and it's not something that I had planned.

I have three bags. One hosts my clothes, one has the laptop, and all of my chargers/various electronics, the final has my tools. Since I'm going to be gone for a while, I didn't think of where to put my dirty laundry until I wash it. I have to get a larger bag. The bag for clothes, is actually the same backpack that went across the country with me seven years ago. It's still holding up just fine, and looks like new.

 A few of the others that I'm with had to run to Home Depot this morning, because they needed some diamond carbide drill bits. I'm not sure where this was going.

Notes/Things:
Buy bathing suit. Every hotel has a pool, I don't have a bathing suit with me.
Need a better piece of luggage.
Look in to see if there have been any technological advances in instant coffee, it used taste like crap, not as much anymore.
Start posting in the yelp talk threads prior to visiting a city, find entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment